Joyous put together this great tanning tips video!
VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR FIRST TIME SKINNY TANNERS!
When using the 7-Day Tanner with the built-in Bronzer:
- LESS IS MORE! Do not use too much Skinny Tan!
- FAST WINS THE RACE! Work in long, gentle strokes. Work fast, as Skinny Tan has been developed to be fast drying so that it won't rub off on clothes. If the tan fluffs up showing creaminess, don't worry, just rub it in. The tanning agent is natural and kind to your skin!
- INSTANT SATISFACTION! The initial color comes from the instant bronzer. This is NOT your long lasting tan (although the instant color is very nice). Use the Instant Tan to see where you have applied the tanner, and correct any missed spots or uneven application. Even if you have not applied the makeup bronzer perfectly, don't worry! The Tanning ingredient is reacting with your skin, so will be perfect after a light shower. Your lasting tan is a more naturally toned-down version of the instant.
- YOU WON'T STREAK. Don't worry if the bronzer shows any streaking. You can use this to correct your application. But please be assured that the 'long lasting' tan which develops underneath has been designed to be 100% streak-free, regardless of any slight mishaps with the instant bronzer
- STRONGER, LONGER! Leave the tanner on for AT LEAST 5 hours. NOTE: leaving the tanner on much longer than 5 hours will actually improve the result. This product has been designed to NEVER 'over-develop', so if you can leave it on overnight, all day, or until you next shower. You will get the same natural, deep color, but it will last longer. On some skin, 5 hours may not be long enough to get a really deep tan. TIP: the longer you leave it on, the longer-lasting your tan will be.
- RESULTS MAY VARY. Skinny Tan has been developed to give everyone the most gorgeous natural tan possible, plus visible body toning and firming. If you are a person who prefers a darker shade than your first Skinny Tan application, simply apply another layer 24 hours later and build the tan to your liking. Again, the longer you leave it to develop, the deeper, darker and more lasting your tan will be.
- USE A MITT. Although it is not necessary to use a mitt, it is a great way of getting perfect results quickly and easily.
General Tanning Tips!
- Exfoliate first. The better your canvas is to start with, the better your tan will be! That’s why our #1 tip is to prepare your skin properly. New cells exposed through exfoliation won’t shed as fast, and your tan will last longer.
- Layer to get the most natural shade. Avoid tanning products that call themselves ‘dark’, as you could find your result looking fake. It is far better to choose a medium natural shade like Skinny Tan, and apply a few times to get the darker shade you prefer, naturally.
- Prolong your color and glow. To make sure your tan endures, you should apply a moisturizer. A great tip is to use your After Glow to highlight your new tan! Skinny Tan After Glow Gloss is especially good because, as well as keeping skin hydrated, it also gives that airbrush glow effect that you see on models in magazines. For example, just applying it down the front of your shins can help make your legs look longer.
Tip No 1 - Exfoliate first
The better your canvas, the better your tan will be! That’s why our number one tip is to prep your skin properly first. Any scrubber or loofah will do. Priming will help remove dull, dead skin cells. This creates a smoother surface to apply tanner to and, because the new cells won’t shed so fast, your tan will last longer. Massaging vigorously at this stage on problem areas will also help increase blood flow. This can help reduce the appearance of cellulite as you prime the skin. Prep the skin at least a few hours before applying a tanner. It isn't a good idea to tan straight after a shower or scrub, as the skin needs to "calm down" again first. Make sure there is no oil residue left over from shower gels or primers before adding tanners to the skin, as these can act like a barrier to the tanner.More tips and advice